For some fathers, the impending birth of their child can be a daunting and scary prospect, largely because they might not know what to expect and may have heard all sorts of horror stories. Other fathers are excited and cannot wait to meet their child. However parents feel, this relaxed, informal and practical session will allay their fears and prepare them by giving them the facts about what will and what might happen in labour. We help fathers understand how they can best support their partner during pregnancy, labour and in the first months of their baby’s life.
• How your partner will be feeling in the last months of their pregnancy and what you can do to help them.
• Labour, when to go to hospital, what happens in labour and how you can best support your partner
• The birth of your baby – what they might look immediately after they are born, the hospital stay.
• A realistic view of the first few months – how to best respond to the needs of your wife / partner and how to enjoy your baby.
• Practical guidance – holding, burping you baby and changing nappies
Fathers Evening, £195 per couple for a 2 ½ hour session (only available for those whose partners are on the 8 Week Antenatal Course)